There are small actions that
bring partners closer to each other.
Taking time to step outside of your regular routine to get to know and accept both yourself and
your partner can strengthen your feelings of safety and trust. In order to flourish successful
couples re-invent themselves again and again and intentionally restore the sense of playfulness and
novelty in the relationship. Our retreats can help you take steps towards the unity and
wholeness that your relationship deserves.
Couples retreat offers a unique opportunity to get away and really enhance your bond as a couple.
Our retreats are tailor-made to your individual circumstances with the aim of enhancing your emotional
intimacy and closeness or simply relaxing away from home. They can last anything from just a day
to a full week and include any of the experiences
listed below. Please contact us to discuss your personalised package.
- Accommodation and delicious meals
- Couple or individual Lomi Lomi Nui massage
- Inspiring activities with horses based on equine-assisted learning which support couples in shedding light on
their relational patterns
- Bonding rituals in nature
- Mindful Yoga (Hatha, Kundalini and Naam Yoga) and Pilates sessions
- Instructions and careful guidance in mindfulness
- Amazing sound bath experience
- Guided walks and expeditions around Gozo
Do you want to move from relational distress and disconnection to safer and more connected bond?
If you're in emotional pain, because you aren't getting along
with the person who once meant the
world to you, our 'Reconnect Programme' might be just what your relationship needs to thrive. It includes any of
the above experiences and couple counselling based on Emotionally
Focused Couples Therapy (EFT) which is one of
the most effective approaches to helping couples re-create secure bonds.
Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples, pioneered by Dr Sue Johnson, will support you in:
- understanding and changing the negative relational dance that keeps you in conflict and maintains distance,
- accessing and expressing your deeper relational needs,
- dealing with your feelings together so that you reach towards each other and be more responsive,
- shaping a more secure loving bond based on open intimate dialogues,
- creating a transformative healing experience in a positive, encouraging and safe environment,
- bringing back aliveness, emotional intimacy, sexual connection
and joy in your relationship.
What is EFT and how does it work?
EFT is a type of therapy based on scientific study of adult love and bonding processes in couples and is designed to
address distress in the intimate relationships of adults. Couples seeking counselling to improve their relationships may
find this method a beneficial approach, as it can help people better understand both their own emotional responses and
those of significant people in their lives. EFT is interested in how problems are produced, not just why. According to EFT,
couples have relationship problems when they are feeling emotionally disconnected at important moments.
Couples are supported in learning to recognise the negative cycles that keep them stuck where often one person pursues
and criticizes and the other responds defensively or withdraws or both pursue or both withdraw. They learn to identify
the needs and fears that keep them in that negative cycle and to identify and express their
underlying emotions in a way that transforms the repetitive negative cycle into a more positive and secure relationship.
EFT reframes what
on the outside looks likes negative communication into a client’s effort to get their need for attachment met. The goal is
to help the couple identify, accept and share their individual needs and emotions with each other, and learn to spot when
they are starting to feel disconnected in their relationship. Therapist's role is to help facilitate the creation of
secure, lasting bonds between intimate partners and reinforce any preexisting positive bonds. The goal
is to learn how to interact with romantic partners in more loving, responsive, and emotionally connected ways, which can
result in an increased sense of security, closeness, and connection in intimate relationships.