We are offering individual, couple and group therapy and DBT skills classes online via Zoom and other online platforms to people who cannot access our service due to location, physical mobility problems, frequent travels or debilitating psychological difficulties that keep them housebound. If leaving home is difficult, part of the online therapy might be working towards being able to meet face to face.
How to begin
- You will need strong internet connection, a webcam and a microphone (or headset) and be in a confidential space.
- To access our services you will require Zoom which can be downloaded for free.
- Please test your audio and camera prior to attending the first session. For your comfort join using a PC or laptop.
- Make initial contact with us via email to arrange an assessment.
Issues to consider
- Confidentiality: ensure you are in a confidential setting for your sessions. You want to feel free to talk and be open.
- Security: Video platforms have security policies and you are encouraged to familiarise yourself with them.
- Online therapy may not be appropriate for some clients who are experiencing profound mental health issues and are actively suicidal. If you or someone you know is in crisis, a GP or local hospital will be able to help.
- Individual sessions last 50 minutes and we usually work with people once a week. More frequent sessions are possible if needed and clients who commmit to the DBT or MBT programme will attend one individual and one group session each week.
Our fees for online therapy are between £100 and £135. To find out more about our fees please visit the FEES section of this website. We request that payment for the initial consultation is made immediately after agreeing the appointment date and time to reserve the confirmed slot. Fees for our skills classes are between £75 and £85.