'LIVING SKILLFULLY' is a carefully designed programme to provide you with a unique opportunity for personal growth. It draws from the principles of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and introduces core skills in the areas of mindfulness, emotion regulation, distress tolerance and interpersonal effectiveness whilst spending time on the unspoilt island of Gozo in Malta. The focus is on emotional growth and learning, awareness of the present moment, enhancing self-respect, communication and relationships. DBT skills will support you in being more able to manage your emotions, thinking, behaviours and urges.
- Accommodation for 6 days/5 nights
- Three delicious meals a day
- Daily DBT tuition and resources
- Daily mindfulness tuition and guided practice
- Individual check-ins with the therapist
- Yoga sessions, excursions and guided walks around the island
- Trip to the horse sanctuary and workshop with horses
- 3 delicious meals a day
What's not included
- Travel/health insurance
You will learn:
- To practice mindfulness, be more in control of your attention and more accepting of your mind
- To cultivate the attitudes of mind that incline you toward compassionate engagement with yourself and the world
- To recognise and handle intense emotions more skillfully
- To change unhelpful emotions
- To experience emotions safely
- To manage moments of intense suffering and/or urges without making the situation worse
- To use effective relationship and communication strategies for asking for what you need, saying no, setting boundaries and coping with conflict
- To be less judgemental of yourself and others
- To work with emotions skillfully in a body-oriented way
Other features and activities
- An opportunity to sample equine-assisted learning at the local horse sanctuary
- Guided yoga and mindful movement sessions
- Delicious and healthy vegetarian meals
- Guided walks/excursions in nature
- Optional Lomi Lomi Nui massage
To be confirmed
- Shared twin room: (£2,000)
- Single occupancy: (£2,650)
10% discount for couples and other bookings in twos.
This retreat will be led by Luka Hadrych who is a qualified psychotherapist, DBT therapist and mindfulness teacher and other team member of the Mind-Reframed DBT Team (to be confirmed).
Number of participants
To optimize learning and make sure everyone gets the attention they need, this programme is limited to a maximum of 10 participants.
We will be staying at Pachamama Studio, a traditional and inviting farmhouse in the village of Xaghra in Gozo, Malta.
Non-participating partners or family members
There is one space in a double bedroom for a non-participating partner. We can assist partners and family members in finding suitable accommodation should they wish to remain on the island for the duration of the programme or its part.
Optional activity: Lomi Lomi Nui massage
Participants who would like to experience a powerful and releasing bodywork can book a 2-hour Hawaiian massage Lomi Lomi Nui at £95. In this powerful form of massage we touch not only the physical but also the emotional body and work with the subtle energies and emotions that influence them both.
In the event that you need to cancel your place, please let us know as soon as possible. Deposits are non-refundable, however, your place is transferable. A place is reserved only when the deposit is received. We reserve the right to make alterations to our events should the need arise.
We request that 50% of the fee is sent as non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. The remaining amount is due 4 weeks prior to the retreat.