Are you ready to meet yourself just as you are without the layers of judgements you’ve carried like unwanted baggage? Are you willing to face your longings and vulnerabilities without expectations imposed by the modern notions of masculinity? Is it time for you to step into, or deepen, your commitment to live with adventure and connect more deeply to what is most alive in you? This retreat is an invitation for men of all walks of life to meet together and turn their attention towards the deeper layers of being and the truths residing in each of us.
Challenge your body. Re-centre your mind.
We believe that emotionally mature, compassionate and value-driven men can help heal the deepest wounds of our communities. This retreat will guide you re-discover the beauty of the world around you, and connect to the world within. We’ll go to places with open hearts and discover how liberating it can be to touch our vulnerabilities hidden beneath all those tough, protective layers. We’ll also learn how to take responsibility and care of the pain we are capable of creating and suffering. Daily body-mind practices will guide you to carefully listen and feel into what longs to be heard, seen and felt within you.
There will be opportunities to discuss your challenges with the rest of the group during daily sharing circles. No subject is off limits and these sessions will be guided by the needs of our small community. We will gather to share in the atmosphere of trust how to go about changing negative behaviour and thought patterns, or to simply express our pain without shame or embarrassment. During this process we will also practice deep listening to others.
We deeply value the diversity of our participants: fellow men of all shapes, sizes, ages and colours. Straight, gay or transgender. We never fail to be touched by them standing shoulder-to-shoulder, willing to explore and discover what it means to be a fully dimensional man; one that is not only tough and fun-loving but also vulnerable and compassionate. We will support you in integrating these qualities into your life.
- Accommodation for 6 nights
- Three delicious meals a day
- Daily Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong and other body-mind practices
- Sunrise Yoga followed by swimming
- Mindfulness tuition and guided practice
- Trip to the local horse sanctuary
- Excursions to ancient sites and guided walks around the island
- Sharing circles and discussions
What's not included
- Flights and transfers
- Travel/health insurance
You will learn:
- To practice mindfulness, be more in control of your attention and more accepting of your mind
- To cultivate the attitudes of mind that incline you toward compassionate engagement with yourself and the world
- To recognise and handle emotions more skillfully
- To use effective relationship and communication strategies for asking for what you need, saying no, setting boundaries and coping with conflict
- To be less judgemental of yourself and others
Monday 4th (6pm) to Sunday 10th (11am) June 2018
- One reduced fee place at £600 is available to a person willing to offer extra support to our chef in the preparation of meals
- Reduced fee places at £600 are offered to people with their own accommodation arrangements in Gozo
10% discount for bookings in twos.
This retreat will be led by Luka Hadrych, qualified mindfulness teacher and psychotherapist, and Sean Yuen, Chinese medicine doctor, acupuncturist, masseur, and Yoga, Tai Chi and Qigong instructor. To find out more about Sean's extensive professional and life experiences please visit his website.
We will be staying at Ta Salvu Villa, a traditional yet modern inviting farmhouse with a swimming pool in the village of Xaghra in Gozo, Malta. To find out more about the venue please click here.
Location and other practicalities
Please visit Your Questions Answered section and contact us should you need any further guidance.
Optional activity: Lomi Lomi Nui Bodywork or Rebalancing Chinese Massage
Participants who would like to experience a powerful and releasing bodywork can book a 2-hour Hawaiian massage Lomi Lomi Nui at £90. In this powerful form of massage we touch not only the physical but also the emotional body and work with the subtle energies and emotions that influence them both. To find out more this transformative form of bodywork please visit the Body-Mind Integration section of our Malta branch. Traditional Chinese massage can also be booked at £65.
In the event that you need to cancel your place, please let us know as soon as possible. Deposits are non-refundable, however, your place is transferable. A place is reserved only when the £350 deposit is received. We reserve the right to make alterations to our events should the need arise.
We request that a non-refundable deposit of £350 is paid at the time of booking. The remaining amount is due 4 weeks prior to the retreat.