COOK YOUR HEART OUT: Yoga, Mindfulness and Integrated Cooking Retreat
‘COOK YOUR HEART OUT’ is a wellness retreat designed to provide a unique integration of methods and experiences to support your journey towards wellness of which foundations can be found in relaxed minds, healthy and strong bodies and open, compassionate hearts.
We believe that wellness is a day-to-day holistic process and our mission is to encourage and empower you to be more conscious of the interplay between your body, mind and the surrounding environment, and rather than fighting bad habits we'll help you introduce new, more beneficial ones.
In addition to sessions in modern approaches to mindfulness, we have incorporated Yoga, guidance in Integrated Cooking and plenty of time in nature exploring the most ancient and unspoilt parts of the island. The beautiful setting of the island of Gozo provides a peaceful and unspoilt backdrop for this six night retreat.
- Workshops and one to one guidance in Integrated Cooking. You'll learn how to prepare nutritious vegan and vegetarian meals and snacks, including for those with busy lifestyles
- Luxury accommodation for 6 nights
- Three delicious meals a day and unlimited snacks
- Daily mindfulness tuition and guided mindfulness practices
- Yoga sessions
- Excursions around the island
- Guided walks in nature
- Heart-opening meditations and introduction to self-compassion
What else to expect from this retreat?
We will spend time in nature exploring the picturesque landscapes of Gozo: unspoilt countryside and beaches, awe-inspiring cliffs and local villages. By observing nature and the world around us, it is possible to deepen our understanding of ourselves and how we function. The incredible connection is that the human body, an eco-system itself, is continuously changing and adapting, and has the ability to renew and heal based on its environment.
Nutrition and our eating habits are closely linked with emotional, physical and cognitive health. Eating a healthy diet gives your brain and your body the vitamins and minerals needed to thrive. Healthy eating habits, however, can be difficult to maintain, especially if you live a busy and demanding lifestyle. You will leave this retreat with concrete ideas and recipes for nutritious and tasty meals and snacks. Your lunch box is never again going to consist of sandwiches and crisps!
Because eating has both physical and emotional components (providing comfort, familiarity and even recreation), this retreat will focus not only on introducing new eating habits but also the principles of mindful eating. This ancient practice has profound modern implications for resolving the troubled love-hate relationship with food many of us have. Mindful eating is eating with the intention of caring for yourself and with the attention necessary for noticing and enjoying your food and its effects on your body. It is much more than eating slowly and without distraction. While that’s certainly an important part of it, we believe that mindful eating encompasses the entire process of eating:
- Awareness of your physical and emotional cues
- Recognition of your non-hunger triggers for eating
- Learning to meet your other needs in more effective ways than eating
- Choosing food for both enjoyment and nourishment
- Eating for optimal satisfaction and satiety
- Using the fuel you’ve consumed to live the vibrant life you crave
Monday 14th (18:00) to Sunday 20th (11:00) May 2018
- Shared twin room with en suite bathroom £625
- Private single occupancy with en suite bathroom £845
- Private double room with en suite bathroom £1,100 (£550 per person)
This retreat will be facilitated by Luka Hadrych, who will lead sessions in mindfulness and self-compassion. He will be supported by Dorota Los who is trained in a number of body-based approaches to well-being, such as yoga, Pilates and Lomi Lomi Nui. She is also passionate about sharing with people ways in which they can consume consciously and honour their bodies creatively and without giving up on things they enjoy altogether.
We will be staying at Djar ta Menzja, a luxurious villa situated in the village of Sannat. This spacious traditional Gozitan house has its own swimming pool and jacuzzi and is conveniently located less than 500 meters from the awe-inspiring cliffs of Ta Cenc.
Location and other practicalities
Please visit Your Questions Answered section and contact us should you need any further guidance.
- To secure your place please settle the £350 deposit (by clicking on the Book Now button or via bank transfer)
- In the event that you need to cancel your place, please let us know as soon as possible
- Deposits are non-refundable, however, your place is transferable
- The rest of the payment can be paid on arrival